Tuesday 19 April 2011

Sometimes you have to be a bitch.

I am not the type of person to forgive and forget especially when I think that someone has treated me unfairly. When I started working at this company a few years back WA would belittle me in front of staff members especially if someone was with her and I was forced to ask her something then she would do it with glee. My very first day at the company I asked WA where the ladies was because I was too embarrassed to ask the male branch manager I was working with.  WA indicated to two cubicles in the back of the building, I later found out there was another toilet but she was obviously not offering me the use of the good one.

As the years progressed the other staff members have left the company or been transferred to the other branches and eventually WA and I were the only women left in this particular department. On occasion she’ll make as if we are close buddies but I always keep in mind that she is very false.

Two years ago a woman who promised the boss that she could create miracles came into the company. A huge meeting was called and in this meeting it was announced that this new woman would in future do all the major things in this particular department, in which I work, and I would only be in a supportive role although I had been in the company longer. My pay would also be cut.

At that time I had worked extremely hard and this hit me out of the blue I was extremely offended by my boss’s decision to treat me this way. I went outside the building after the meeting and WA was taking her smoke break. She was, as far as I know, unaware of what had been discussed during the meeting. When she saw me she made a comment about having a tough day. I said to her something to the effect I’m not having an easy day either you don’t know what they want to do to me. WA immediately shut me up by saying “I don’t want to know”. This hurt me because she can talk for hours and I am usually stuck listening to her long winded stories but in a moment when I felt I was treated really badly that she had added to that awful feeling.

The new woman left the company a week later and I was the amused one. As mentioned in other posts WA is now sharing an office with me. Every moment of every day she talks nonstop with food in her mouth. Two weeks ago she was talking to me while I was struggling with some problem. WA was telling me about a problem she was having with her son, it was early in the morning and it was busy and hectic and I told her “enough!”

The boss called me into his office and told me I was mean and that she was in tears. My opinion is: if she can tell me that she does not want to know about my problems, then I can say the same to her.

Yesterday a woman gave me a bag of second-hand clothes to distribute at work for whoever is interested. The computers had been down again and they had just come on and I was stuck in a mountain of work. Ten minutes before I left work I asked two women working in another department if they were interested and they came and took some of the clothes. WA as I explained in previous posts is hardly ever at her desk, unless she is making personal phone calls, came in and I asked her if she was interested in the clothes and her answer was “Now, after they have taken the best clothes!” I was really not concentrating on the second-hand clothes but more on the duties I had to perform before I left the office and I was annoyed at her infantile comment. I have more important things on my mind than what freebies she can score.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. G.B.