Friday 8 April 2011

Metal Detecting Dreamers

When my parents took us to the beach during our summer holidays I would rise early and they would still be sleeping and I would go to the balcony look out at the sea and then notice the elderly people walking up and down the beach with their metal detectors. I often wondered if they were not of a different sort of character than the rest of us. You know what I mean, dreamers.

 
I just read this article about a 75 year old woman who was digging for scrap metal when she hacked into a fibre-optic cable which runs through Georgia to Armenia, forcing many thousands of Internet users in both countries offline for several hours on March 28.
The woman was arrested, charged with damaging property and could face up to three years in prison if convicted.
Taking into account her advancing years, she has been released pending the end of the investigation and subsequent trial.

So many people inconvenienced by a dreamer’s thoughtless act.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. G.B.