Sunday 20 March 2011

Listening to the drizzle and random thoughts.

It was drizzling today at times there was even a little rumble of thunder. I was in the mood to take a day just to reflect and relax. I have also been thinking about family, mainly how good it is to sometimes have a little time away from your adult siblings.

It became cooler as the day progressed, the dog pressing up tight against me to try and get some warmth from me. Naughty little bugger.
I collected the car from the mechanic last week after he had done the service on it. He works from his home. When I got into the car I asked him to please make sure that his little spaniel moves out the way while I am reversing out of his drive. He starts to joke “ag, you can drive her tail off” and I just gave him a `that is not funny’ look.
So, he starts telling me that it is illegal now in South Africa to dock a dog’s tail. His wife arrived in a big flashy Mercedes and waits in the street for me to come out of the driveway but he is still talking, so when I finally get a chance, I say goodbye and start reversing out of the driveway. She gives him an awful frown and pulls her car into the driveway. Very rude behaviour on her part, I was not flirting. I was actually in a hurry myself and very eager to get home.
The reasons I was thinking back to last week are my new windscreen wipers and the wet weather. The last time I took the car in for a service I got some wipers and asked the mechanic to put them on as I was not sure how to do it. Then the first time I drove to work in rainy weather the one on the driver’s side flung off and I drove all the way without using the windscreen wipers.  Later I attached the wiper with a thin piece of wire and was using it like that for a while. So last week I went to a little shop I discovered ten years ago but had not been back there since. It is run my elderly Indian men who wear white robes. I asked for wipers and I was not sure that the guy had given me the correct ones and it seemed a little expensive, they are Bosch.
They are wonderful and driving in the rain is actually fun now. I should have gone to this little shop in the first place. I am very particular about brand names and good service.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have good window wipers now. Thanks for visiting, so that I could discover your fun blog.
    Have a good week.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping in, too. You have a great week. G.B.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. G.B.