Sunday 1 May 2011

Tiled with memories.

About 15 years ago my mom went to an auction and she bought a job lot of odds and ends for about R5. If I remember correctly there was one small item in the box she wanted and the rest she wasn’t really interested in.

I spotted this tile and immediately felt it had good luck connected to it. I asked her if I could have it and ever since I have kept it on the wall in my bathroom and I don’t know if it brings good luck - I just like it a lot.


About 12 years ago when we suddenly had to move house we bought a house on the spur of the moment. While we were moving in we had this dreaded feeling of doubt, had we made the right choice?
After we had been in the house for about a week, I went to the tap which is situate in the backyard next to the servants room when I noticed this tile against the wall. It instantly made me feel that this was a sign that we were meant to be here.
Excuse the condition of the tile but it has been exposed to the elements for many years. The reason that this tile was so significant to me is that this exact design was in our bathroom when I was a child. I would love to know what the name of the design is. If anyone knows I would really like to know.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the design of the first tile. I can't help with figuring out the name of the second though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad someone else sees the charm of the first tile too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. G.B.